Mama D's Cookbook
FOOL PROOF GRAPE JELLY
By Erna Duerksen
- Wash ripe but not over ripe grapes (a few green ones add to success.) and
- Put into a large kettle and cook over medium heat until grapes are soft.
- Put into jelly bag and drain. (add no water)
- Now use 2 cups juice at a time - not more.
- Bring two cups juice to a boil (full rolling boil)
- Reduce heat and add three cups sugar. Mixture must not boil after sugar is
- Stir constantly til sugar is dissolved. Very important for jelly will
crystalize if sugar isn't dissolved.
- Pour into glasses immediately and cover with paraffin
This same receipe makes delicious jam using the grape pulp.