Bluegrass music was born out of the hills of Appalachia so it's no surprise that artists have been paying tribute to the South since the music's inception. The album is over a full hour of some of the finest bluegrass music by award winning artists.
20 Songs of the South is a collection of fun songs that even a Yankee can enjoy. Some of the biggest and legendary names in bluegrass perform odes to their home place, recall familiar tunes from the Civil War, life in the mines, and several instrumental numbers that will turn your living room into your own hoedown.
Featured artists include longtime Grand Ole Opry members The Osborne Brothers, Jesse McReynolds, Dale Ann Bradley, Josh Williams, Charlie Waller and the Country Gentlemen, Kristin Scott Benson, Larry Stephenson, Eddie Adcock, and many more.
The album is now available on Pinecastle Records and digital downloads are also available. Twenty Songs of the South was released July 10th on Pinecastle Records.
Track list for Twenty Songs of the South:
- "Sweet Sunny South" by The Osborne Brothers
- "John Henry" by Scott Vestal, Jeff Autry, Randy Kohrs, Ron Stewart, Wayne Benson
- "Old Southern Porches" by Dale Ann Bradley
- "When The Roses Bloom In Dixieland" by The Osborne Brothers
- "East Tennessee Blues" by Bobby Osborne, Jesse McReynolds
- "A Miner's Life" by Charlie Waller And The Country Gentlemen
- "Cold Virginia Rain" by Josh Williams
- "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" by Scott Vestal, Mike Anglin, Jeff Autry, Wayne Benson, Rob Ickes, Rickie Simpkins
- "When I Left Old East Virginia" by Continental Divide
- "North Carolina breakdown" by Bob And Dana Kogut
- "Mayberry North Carolina" by The Marty Warburton Band
- "Damn Yankee Lad" by The Osborne Brothers
- "When johnny Comes Marching Home" by Scott Vestal, Jeff Autry, Randy Kohrs, Ron Stewart, Wayne Benson
- "No Southern Comfort" by Kristin Scott Benson, Josh Williams
- "Knoxville Girl" by Larry Stephenson
- "Jerusalem's Ridge" by Eddie Adocock, Kenny Baker, Josh Graves, Jesse McReynolds
- "Alabama" by The Osborne Brothers
- "Cotton Eyed Joe" by David Parmley, Missy Raines, Larry Stephenson
- "Sally Goodin'" by Rickie Simpkins
- "America The Beautiful" by Sonny Osborne