Nu-Blu is Daniel and Carolyn Routh, along with Austin Koerner and Levi Austin. Together, these artistic musicians comprise and exciting new sound in bluegrass music. They are a dedicated team who works together to reach their common goal of presenting great music during every show! They work hard to develop a sound that gives the listener a unique and diverse experience, centered around their contemporary bluegrass style!
We interviewed Nu-Blu about their successes and this is what they had to say...
- Your first 10 years culminated with the TEN album and the TEN tour. What are you looking forward to in order to make the next decade better than the first?
- "We are looking forward to continuing to maintain a heavy tour schedule, recording and performing new material, and meeting and making lots of new friends along the way."
- Eleven years is a long time for a single band to stay together. What do you consider are the forces or elements that keep your band not only going but, going strong?
- "Like minded career goals, mutual respect of one another, and a love and desire to play good music with emotion and sincerity. Also, hard work and determination play a major role in keeping us moving forward."
- Fans have watched Nu-Blu evolve musically, technically and artistically. What do you consider to be technologies that have helped promote Nu-Blu the most and, how has this improved your band?
- "Social media, and the internet have aided our ability to bring our fans on tour with us. Through video and pictures which can be quickly and easily posted online, our fans can see what is happening as it happens. Certainly though, the more traditional media outlets cannot be discounted. Print media and radio have been a tremendous help over the years in getting the word and the music out respectively."
- If you could have one special venue to celebrate your eleven years, what would it be and why?
- "While there are many iconic venues we'd love to play, the Opry' has to be the one first and foremost that comes to mind. Why? It's The Opry'"
- Looking back, what was your most memorable moment musically and professionally?
- "Having the world premiere of our video of "Without a Kiss" on Cybergrass."
Nu-Blu, based in Siler City in central North Carolina, brings its lively and entertaining version of Americana-bluegrass music to audiences across the nation year-round. Their sound acknowledges the traditional institutions that have shaped it, yet is innovative and daring enough to bring a fresh sparkle to contemporary acoustic music that lands them squarely in the forefront of bands blazing the trail in Americana entertainment. Influences range from the sounds of original bluegrass pioneers like Earl Scruggs, Jimmy Martin and Lester Flatt to rock bands of the 1980’s, and modern contemporary sounds such as Alison Krauss and Union Station. Nu-Blu’s full, welcoming sounds provide a home for listeners and encourage them to explore new sounds, create personal roots, and imagine music free from labels.
Look for their album, TEN to hear more music like in the video above. It's a great addition to any music library. Catch them at a venue near you. Their 2014 tour is on their web site at http://nu-blu.com///www.youtube.com/embed/vn0RU3MxLpY