Winter Garden, FL -- The Garden Theatre is pleased to announce its first-ever Bluegrass Concert Series, running from June 14 through August 3 at the Garden Theatre (160 West Plant Street). The Bluegrass Concert Series is headlined by one of the biggest Bluegrass bands today, Russell Moore and IIIrd Tyme Out. The series also features some of the most well-known nationally touring and local Bluegrass acts, from the mellow, enchanting sounds of The Roys, to the hilarity and energy of the Sweeney Family Band.
For only $65, the Bluegrass Pass lets audience members can catch every pluck and strum all series long. The pass is valid for one person to attend one concert to each band. Tickets range from $15 to $25, and may be purchased at gardentheatre.org/concerts or at the Box Office at 407-877-GRDN (4736). Group rates of up to 25% off are available by calling 407-877-4736 x208.
Link to official photos: https://db.tt/2NGLxo8C
- Ernie Evans & The Florida State Bluegrass Band
Saturday, June 14, 8pm
- This remarkable one-of-a-kind trio featuring rich three-part harmonies bridges the gap between contemporary and traditional Bluegrass styles and is quickly gaining widespread attention across the country.
- Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out **Series Headliner**
Saturday, June 21, 8pm
- With over 50 industry awards including IBMA's most awarded male vocalist, Russell Moore and IIIrd Tyme Out is one of Bluegrass music's most recognized and in demand bands in the genre's history and is the series headliner.
- The Roys
Saturday, June 28, 8pm
- Winner of the past three consecutive ICM Bluegrass Artist of the Year Awards, siblings Lee and Elaine Roy have firmly established themselves as one of the preeminent acts in Bluegrass today. Hailing from Nashville, The Roys bring immaculate harmonies, impeccable musicianship, and a progressive instrumental attitude that has enchanted fans around the world.
- Chris Henry & The Hardcore Grass Band
Saturday, July 5, 8pm
- Nominated for Mandolin Player of the Year, Chris Henry has garnered awards and critical acclaim while touring both nationally and internationally. Two-time Entertainer of the Year Barbara Mandrell says Chris is the "best I ever heard." Enjoy a perfect blend of hard-hitting Bluegrass with nail-biting intensity, leaving audiences riveted to hear and see what happens next.
- The Gatorbone Band
Saturday, July 12, 8pm
- Combine the three-time Florida state mandolin and fiddle champion, Jason Thomas, national flatpicking champion, Gabe Valla, and the amazing singer/songwriter duo, Liz and Lon Williamson, and you have one of Florida's favorite Bluegrass groups.
- Sweeney Family Band: A Country Comedy Show
Saturday, August 2, 8pm, Sunday, August 3, 2pm
- Known across the land, The Sweeney Family Band is proud to call Central Florida home. Sing along with Slim and his twin cuzzins Skeeter and Buck as they keep everyone in stitches for a knee slappin', foot stompin' good time.
Located in the heart of historic downtown Winter Garden on Plant Street, the Garden Theatre is a not-for-profit community organization committed to enriching, engaging, and entertaining through creative experiences. The theatre, which reopened 2008, showcases an atmospheric theatre in a Mediterranean Revival-style venue. The Garden Theatre hosts live plays, concerts, movies, and more to the residents of and visitors to the city of Winter Garden. For tickets or additional information, contact the Garden Theatre Box Office at 407-877-GRDN (4736) or gardentheatre.org.